Trained in Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, he is a widely, International acclaimed clinical oncologist who has worked in India and abroad. As an eminent academician and teacher, he has more than 150 original research publications in this field.
Close to 30 years of national & international experience
- Former Director and HOD Oncology, Regional Cancer Hospital, Nagpur
- Consultant, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Part of Visiting Professor Programme – University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
- Part of Visiting, Professor Programme – Austin Hospital, Oncology Centre, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Visiting fellowships at Christie Hospital Manchester, U.K., University Hospital Frankfurt, Germany, William Beaumont Hospital, Michigan, USA and many international sites
- Nearly 150 national and international publications.
- Cancer Specialist
MBBS, DMRT, DNB
MD (Tata Memorial Hospital),
PGDHA, M.Phil & CPC
Areas of Expertise
Experience (in Years)
- 30 Years of National & International Experience
Membership National & International
- Life Member of Association of Radiation Oncologist of India.
- Life Member of ICON – Indian Comprehensive Oncologist Network.
- Life Member of Indo – American Cancer Association.
- Member of American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Member of American Society of Radiation Oncology.
- Member of Society of Neuro – Oncology (USA).
- Member of Global Cancer Control Committee UICC Geneva.
- Member of European Society of Medical Oncology.
Doctor’s Research, Workshop & Achievement
- Steering Committee Member – Indian Comprehensive Cancer Network ( ICCN) for national cancer protocol formulation.
- Invited member of the committee working on development of indigenous Teletherapy machines in India by Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India.
- Elected Vice President, December – 2004, Association of Radiation Oncologists of India.
- Recipient of ‘VIKAS RATNA SHIROMANI AWARD’ , Indian Achievers Award For Health Excellence, Atish Dipankar Gold Medal, Mother Teressa Gold Medal, Mahatma Gandhi Peace Award.
- UICC scholar in World Cancer Congress 2006, in Washington DC, USA.
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) Steering committee member for the Task Force on review of guidelines for management of cancers.
- Certificate of appreciation from UICC Geneva in 2007 for contribution in field of Global Cancer Control Committee
- Standing Committee Member (RDP) of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India
- Principle project co-ordinator in multiple WHO & Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India Projects related to early detection, manpower training and research in Cancer Management pertaining to Central India.