Nephrology (Kidney Care) at Pushpanjali Hospital
Types Of Renal Diseases Like
- Acute (sudden onset) renal diseases
- Chronic (slow ongoing decline in renal function) renal diseases
- Renal damage due to high blood pressure, diabetes, infections, tubulo-interstitial disorders, glomerular diseases
- Blood in urine (hematuria)
- Protein loss in urine (proteinuria)
- Electrolyte or acid-base imbalance
- Chronic and recurrent urinary tract infection
- Hereditary renal disorders
- Renovascular Diseases
The Management Strategy Varies According To The Clinical Profile Of The Patient. The Mainstay Of The Treatment Is:
Dialysis is a process that removes waste products and excess water from the patients with diseased kidneys. Haemodialysis uses an artificial filter through which blood is circulated with the help of a haemodialysis machine. Peritoneal Dialysis uses the peritoneal membrane in the abdomen as the filter. The process entails instillation, dwelling and removal of a special fluid with the help of a catheter placed in the abdomen.
Kidney transplantation involves surgical placement of a functional kidney from a living or a deceased donor into a patient with advanced kidney failure. Successful kidney transplantation remarkably improves the quality of life albeit with life-long medications to reduce the chances of rejection.
Meet Our Doctors
Our administration and support staff all have exceptional people skills and trained to assist you with all medical enquiries. Kindly call to confirm your Appointment.