Department of Orthopedics
Orthopedic department at the Pushpanjali Hospital is functional right from the inception of the hospital in year 2003. Since then the department is at the forefront of orthopedic activities in the country. The department has been instrumental in hosting various academic and training activities attended by stalwarts and peers, both inland and abroad. Almost all surgeries in current scenario of orthopedics are conducted in state of the art theaters with well-qualified staff and support systems.
Facilities & Services Available
Joint Replacement Surgery
- Total Hip Replacement (THR.)
- Total Knee Replacement (TKR.)
- Partial, total and reverse shoulder replacement
Arthroscopy and Sports Orthopaedics (Minimal invaisive surgery)
- Ligament Injury – Repair / Reconstruction ( ACL / PCL )
- Meniscus injuries
- Cartilage and meniscal reconstruction
- Shoulder Arthroscopy – Recurrent dislocation , Frozen shoulder, Rotator cuff tears, Impingement syndrome and AC joint pain.
Management of Orthopedic Trauma
- Pelvic-acetabular trauma
- Pediatric Fractures
- Complex Intra-articular fractures.
- Long bones fracture surgeries
- Spinal fractures ( 1) Traumatic spine fracture (2) kyphoplasty/vertebroplasty for collapse fractures.
Limb Reconstruction, deformity correction and limb lengthening
- Osteotomy and Limb realignment surgeries
- Limb lengthening surgeries for leg length discrepancies.
- Residual Polio-myelitis surgeries and Crush injuries
- Difficult and neglected trauma cases including non-unions and malunions.
Spine Surgeries : Degenerative, Congenital and developmental spine disorders need spine surgery.
- Spinal Reconstruction and Spinal Tuberculosis
- Microscopic discectomy/ laminectomy
Paediatric Orthopaedics :
- Developmental Hip Dislocation/Dysplasia (DDH)
- Club Foot Flat Feet Blount’s disease
- Bow-legs and Knock knees Fractures & Growth Plate Fractures
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Adolescent Anterior Knee Pain
- Back Pain
Conservative orthopedics :
- Diagnosis of Arthritis and treatment and Infective bone diseases
- AVN (Osteonecrosis) and Bone Oncology